In this post, I will explain how you can download Windows 10 for free from Microsoft’s website and create a bootable USB flash drive with it.
As support for Windows 7 ended in January 2020, the only option for upgrading to Windows 10 is to purchase a license that starts at $139, but you don’t need to spend all that for an upgrade.
If you are currently running an activated copy of previous Windows versions, here are steps to follow to get upgraded to Windows 10 for free. Also, you can watch the video below if you what to create a bootable disk with the free copy.
- Go to the Download Windows 10 website.
- Under Create Windows 10 installation media, click the “Download tool now” and Run.
- Choose “Upgrade this PC now”.
- Follow other prompts that might request for your action.
- When the upgrade is complete, go to “Settings” > “Update & Security” > “Activation”, you can confirm if your copy is activated.